Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Church in New Haven

On Sunday morning, my frieds and I were determined to observe the local religious activities in the church. As for our Chinese, this kind of religious activities are always myterious and weird, since they are nnor poprlar and far from our real lives.

 
For a long time, we had discovered one point that the building of church and library were always the most beautiful ones. Friends assumed that this point just demonstrated that God (religion) and book (knowledge) were the most essential elements and thus were shown sufficient respect all the time.

 
ceiling of the church
 
In the church, the priest smiled to everyone. Although there were few belivers in the church, the staff had prepared all the work well and exhibited their respectable attitude and spirit in the whole procedure. what immpressed me most was the holly songs in the church. The solo and chorus seemed to lead all the people to have a shower in the heaven. In westerners' mind, Chinese don't have any regious faith. It is not true. Generally speaking, there are three types of faithes in China: Confucius, Buddism and Taoism. Compared to Christianity, in China there are fewer public  and open religious activities which are organized by some regious organizations or committees.
 
 
the most poppular instrument in church: organ
 



1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I sit in a church just for the peace it brings me, but when the music begins something which I can't explain stirs in me, even though I too don't have "faith".

    ReplyDelete