Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Gifts to Families

This night, father called me that I should remember to buy some gifts and souvenirs for my families, including my nephews, elder sister and brother and others. Except for that, he mentioned that my mother and him did not need anything. That is always what my father will always say to me when I was ready to go back to see them. I understand that it is the typical Chinese style. More accurately, that is always the Chinese parents' typical idea, especially for those who have supported a big familly in the past. They will always expect that the sons and daughters could live a happy lives and they can build up and keep a close relationship, regaless of themseves. To some extent, kinship seems to be playing a more important role  in China than in the West. Actually, gifts are not important. However, the gifts and souvenirs for the families will often demonstrate the close connection between the families, which can never be neglected or even abolished in Chinese people's mind. Forgive the crazy Chinese shoppers in America, what they are doing actually means more than buying goods.





 
Outlets in Clinton, the shopping heaven for the crazy shoppers


1 comment: