Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I miss you!

Before coming to Yale, my wife and I hesitated whether we should take my son with us together. I don't think a long-term separation with the parents is good to one infant. Finally, we were determind not to take him, since we were afraid that he could not adapt to the lifestyle in America.

Nearly one month has passed. I begin to miss my boy deeply. Day and night I will wonder whether he is fine or not in grandma's home, whether he can have a good sleep there, whether the food is Ok for him there...

 the naughty boy (4 years old)

In China, the relationsip between son and father is the most mysterious and wierd one. For the Chinese father, they always seem the play a speechless and negative role in educating the children. Kids will show more love to the mother. Thus, in China people will describe that son and father are the foes in last life. The war between the two men in one family seems to be inevitable. Chinese father are unwilling to speak "I love you, my son", because most of the Chinese men think love should be expressed through what you have done, rather than what you have said.


 
birthday of my boy (one year old)
 
But it is not true that Chinese father's love is not as strong as mother's. Most of the time, Chinese fathers will hold a speechless but stronger love to the kids in the family.






 
my father, my son and I
 
 

 
(2 years old)

2 comments:

  1. I can understand your feelings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful...this is a side of you that I would have never learned about in conversation. Congratulations on a wonderful relationship of the most important kind.

    ReplyDelete