Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Classes in American Style !


     We all are very glad to have the chance to observe the American instructors' teaching in the classroom. According to the assignment given be Carrie and Siggie, I went to observe Mr.Gibbons class
 
Generally speaking, Gibbons’ class is very successful, which is based on his deliberate preparation for all his classes.

What impressed me most is that Gibbons gives various activities in his classes, which can effectively arouse the interest of the students and motivate all of them to achieve the learning target.

Then, I have been attracted by his ways to begin the class. He usually have some small talks with the students and try his best to involve himself in the students, for example, the first time when I went to his class, I noticed that his was talking the loss of America in World Cup. Some of the students, especially the boys, responded actively. Their passion had been aroused greatly. I always think that it is a good method to warm up at the beginning of the class. As we know, it is useful to erase the gap between the instructors and students. While, there is one point that I have to mention. The girls, half of the students in the classroom, kept quiet at that moment. Obviously, they know little or feel uninteresting.

Thirdly, I have to mention Gibbons’ method to organize the pair work and group work. He told me that the method applied by him is named puzzle jig saw.

Finally, I find that Gibbons always see his watch in order to control the rhythm. It is a necessary quality for one instructor to learn to control the teaching rhythm in his class, in another word, it is vital to do that. Otherwise, the instructor can not successfully complete his objective for one class.
 
 
American Class (Mr. Douge)

 
American Class (Miss Siggie)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment